Monday 11 July 2011

Gina Ferrari's Open Studio

Yesterday afternoon I went to see Gina's open studio. Gina is part of our Postman's Knock postcard project. She's a wonderful textile artist and it was a real treat to see all her work. I specially liked her pieces where she draws with stitches, using machine or hand stitching as a means of mark-making. But the biggest treat was the opportunity to look through Gina's sketchbooks which were absolutely fantastic and inspirational -- they were really everything that sketchbooks can be, showing the working through and deepening of ideas and that intense level of thinking where an artist pushes through an idea and breaks out on the other side to something really wonderful.
    You've still got next weekend to see Gina's work: Saturday and Sunday 16 and 17 July, 11am to 6pm, 49 Hay Street, Steeple Morden, SG8 0PD.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Thank you!!!
*blush*

LAC EMP 2020 said...

As a sketchbook 'junkie' I'd love to have seen these. Knowing Gina, I bet they were a real treat. Sometimes living so far west has its drawbacks! If I was within a sensible driving distance I really would love to meet Gina and see her work.

menopausalmusing said...

Lucky you!!!!!

Chrissie said...

Must have just missed you! I loved Gina's sketchbooks too, always my favourite treat in other people's studios!